Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May You Be Inspired Days: Poetry Journal

Celebrate Limerick Day! Enjoy a lovely rhyme such as:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical,

In space that is quite economical,

But the good ones I've seen

So seldom are clean,

And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

More importantly, write it in your new poetry journal! This will inspire you to WRITE (but I can’t guarantee limericks)!

P5110062 P5110064

I used my absolute favorite fabric, the infamous green brocade, to both line and bind a lovely purple cording. I’m down to bits and pieces of that brocade, but I will relish each inch! On the inside, there is the appropriate pockets to hold the binder in (I love these little six ring binders!). There is also a pen loop and page marker both made out of vintage velveteen. The page marker includes my fabulous faux-embossed StressTheSeams, which I love! And then, it also has my new logo tag sewn in over the ribbon tie!

P5110075

Now it’s inspiration time, which starts with Urban Threads' Tutorial and their Write embroidery file. But I couldn’t stop there, so I added touches from the unabridged dictionary I loved as a child. It had the fabulous ribbon to keep your place, so I HAD to have that! :) You might find more inspiration at Bustle and Sew than I did, as I wasn’t in the mood for appliqué. But her stuff is GORGEOUS! So now go make yourself one! Or you can stop in at my Etsy shop and grab one there. I’ll even custom it for ya! :)

And don't forget! I'm gonna give away one of the items from this month's inspirations  on June 1st! All you have to do is:
1. Become a Follower of StressTheSeams
2. Comment on one of the posts this month telling me what you would love to win!
International readers will have to pay their own shipping, but American followers will get it for free!
I'll close entries at 1am eastern standard time on June 1st and use the fabulous random number generator to select one wonderful winner. The prize will be a surprise for the reader, but I might just be looking at what they say....hint, hint! :)
So go become a follower and comment! And there will be other ways to get extra entries as the month goes on, so don't miss a day!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails