Monday, May 3, 2010

May You Be Inspired Days: Brocade Business Card Holder

First Monday in May....back to work. So I picked an item that just screams work, but of course, I had to do it my own way. I hope it inspires you to get out and pass around your digits!










The exterior is a warm brocade and the interior is a swirly gold (you can just barely see it in the second shot). I guess now I've got to get more business cards printed up so I can make use of it! The blank card isn't really up to 'snuf!

Now to share my points of inspiration:
I fell hard core for this tutorial over at Delilia's Mommy's blog. She's also from the ATL!! (Atlanta.... yep, I'm dorky like that.) A WONDERFUL idea for a gift card. I'll be doing those for EVERY gift card I need to give! I also dig her funky fabrics. Got to love that!
Then there is a business card holder featured in craftzine that just....WOW. Check it out! I mean, wow. Done by hand, too!
But maybe you need a little LESS business in your pocket and more.....MONSTER! Here Ya Go!
And then there is this incredibly cute tutorial at weefolkart. It's darling!

Mine is available for sale on http://www.stresstheseams.etsy.com/, though I plan on doing custom ones with fabulous embroidery. And definately some envelope style too. Okay....I'll be doing custom ones for sure!

And don't forget! I'm gonna give away one of the items from this month's inspirations on June 1st! All you have to do is:

1. Become a Follower of StressTheSeams

2. Comment on one of the posts this month telling me what you would love to win!

International readers will have to pay their own shipping, but American followers will get it for free!

I'll close entries at 1am eastern standard time on June 1st and use the fabulous random number generator to select one wonderful winner. The prize will be a surprise for the reader, but I might just be looking at what they say....hint, hint! :)
So go become a follower and comment! And there will be other ways to get extra entries as the month goes on, so don't miss a day!

4 comments:

janimal said...

Ok, that's totally groovy that I just got a shout out! I can't believe you are going to post something every day - that's commitment. I'm looking forward to seeing all you do!

StressTheSeams said...

Absolutely easy to give a shout to such a fabulous blog, girl!! :) And, yeah, I'm feeling the weight, but I'm determined! And more importantly, I have a plan! :)

Rox Kennedy said...

I'm curious!! I've been wonderin' what you've been creating over there!!

StressTheSeams said...

Now you'll know! And you probably thought I was just leaving the work room light on a lot! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails