Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pirate Curtain

The Twins' bedroom needed a curtain. It had a piece of black fleece covering the window to keep out light. Not exactly swanky, but it did the job well enough. But to get with the pirate theme, I made them a curtain! It's got the black center panel and then colorful trim down both sides and the bottom. Right now, they have wide slat blinds behind it, which is working well. This window is one of the five on the front of our house, so I want them to look relatively cohesive from the outside. The master has two of the other windows in question, and it has the exact same matching wide slat blinds. Maybe that means I should put the wide slat blinds in my sewing studio, too? Though I have been doing more painting in there than sewing of late! :)


Anyway, back to the pirate curtain. So it has the middle black panel with the colorful pirate trim (color blocks with skull and crossbones in them!) that is also in the quilts I made for them. Then we hung their pirate flag over the black section (for now.... I don't like it as much now as when we did it earlier).

At the moment, it is hung rod pocket style, but I'm thinking about turning it into a roman shade instead. I love this tutorial over at Remodelaholic

* Remodelaholic: Gotta wear shades; Roman Shade Tutorial, Monthly Contributor


So, what do you think? Hate the flag? Think it needs to go roman? Think it needs a topper? I need some ideas! :)


2 comments:

Remodelaholic said...

Thanks for linking the post! Good luck!

The pirate curtain is great!

StressTheSeams said...

Thanks! :) I LOVE Your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails