Friday, April 30, 2010

Magnet Tutorial

Many of you already know how awesome hot glue is. But some people still need to be reminded how easy it is to make one's space better. So today, in pursuit of the better work space, I share with you (dum-dd-dum-dum!)

THE MAGNET TUTORIAL
I know, you've been waiting on pins and needles for this. Okay, well, I've been sitting on pins and needles because of this.... but that's another story for another day!

Step 1: Start with a sad little clip. I found my sad clip in the basement. (hmmmm.... maybe there is lots of sad stuff in my basement....I see a trend)
Step 2: Take a length of make-you-happy ribbon. Mine was 8 inches.
Step 3: Add the hot glue to the clip.

Step 4: Add the ribbon end to the hot glue.

Step 5: Fold the ribbon around and add the other end to the same blob of hot glue.

Step 6: Wait for it to cool.

Step 7: Add another blob of hot glue to the center and press 1/3 of your ribbon loop into it.

Step 8: Press your furthest 1/3 of the ribbon loop into the same blob, making three total loops.

Step 9: Wait for it to cool.

Step 10: Add a bit of glue inside the center loop and press the center loop into it. USE A PENCIL OR OTHER NON-MELTY DEVICE TO HOLD IT DOWN.... I capitalize that because hot glue burns. Don't ignore this advice unless you like to swear and hold your finger a lot.

Step 11: Wait for it to cool while applying pressure with the afor mentioned pencil or other non-melty devices.

Step 12: Add a bit of hot glue to the top of the center ribbon. Attach little things that make you happy. I used three little rocks that I tumbled a few years ago. They are pretty, but too small for so many other things. So they rescued my magnet. Not what you were expecting, huh? :)

Step 13: Attach magnet to magnetic surface and enjoy having one of your random notes off of your desk!! :)

You can even turn other things into magnets.


Old Earrings :)Seashells! Poker Chips!

My favorite little budda!

Even your tools! Now I'll always be able to find ONE of my many tape measures! :)
Now go GLUE SOMETHING!!! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails