So I got all the columns of the Tator's pirate quilt done today. Done, as in quilted. Which means I just have to do the rows (which includes any necessary quilting to blocks) and the binding for his. And Micahman's just needs binding. Whew. I'm determined to finish them this week!
I also completed a pair of pajama pants with pockets and detail hems. I'll have to post pictures tomorrow. My husband has declared them "The Loud Banana Pants". I can't wait to share pictures, but my model has already fallen asleep in them, so I won't risk waking them! They have a cute detail hem that looks like bananas on the cuffs, which I think is cute. They are also a complete custom pattern, down to "pockets that will hold my iPhone" as requested.
Finally, the cupcakes. I've signed up for an online quilt block swap. I'm doing this block http://www.ctpubblog.com/2010/03/01/cupcakes-a-mini-quilt/ . I haven't picked fabrics or details yet, so I really should get on that. I'm really excited, as this is my first quilt block swap. I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to practice more applique. You can never have enough applique practice, and you can never make enough fat free cupcakes. :)
Off to dream land.... maybe I'll come up with a fabulous answer to what to do with the green brocade dress I'm working on. The top needs help and I just don't know what I want to do. It's hanging on my double and I swear it's learing at me. If I can't solve it tomorrow, I'll post pictures and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.