Thursday, February 25, 2010

Promises, promises


So I promised pictures. Here is a picture of my newest creation. I haven't even gotten it on etsy yet. :) I started this bag yesterday morning after dreaming of it. I finished it yesterday, too! And today I photographed it and I'll get it listed tomorrow. Along with all the other things I have to do tomorrow, as we are planning on taking the twins to the grandmother's for the weekend, which means a 4 hour drive and MUCH packing.
I love this bag. It's really gorgeous. The pictures don't do it as much justice as it deserves because the fabrics are all so textural, and that just doesn't photograph well! :) And I adore Urban Threads' Cheshire Cat. I'm planning another piece with it, but I'm going to have to design hack the file first! I'll start that on Tuesday, probably, so tune back in for a sneak peek then!
Speaking of things in the works, I've got an entire dance team that needs alterations. This is mucho exciting to me, as this started out as a freebie "hey, can you fix this messed up embroidery?" thing for a friend and has now developed into a repeat customer. Proof that excellent service is more important than anything else in business. I always love to be reminded that it really is all about the relationships you create. I've got to get those finished by Monday, so that will take my free time this weekend.
Monday will likely be spent working on a quilt square for a little girl named Layla. More to come about this Monday, as I'm not ready to talk about it yet. But stay tuned, as I'm certain you are going to want to get involved. Crafting to help with heartache. And crafting as therapy. Can't wait!
So you might not hear from me tomorrow. But fear not! I have big plans for you and I next week......(insert diabolical laughter here)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails