Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rabbits and Aprons

Whew. So this past weekend my brother was here with us before he flew out for Korea. He's in the service, so we tried to squeeze all the time with him out of the weekend we could. So I managed to finish my apron after he left on Monday. It is the Emmaline Apron from Sew Liberated. Here's some pictures of it.
It is reversible, which I LOVE!!! I used a green and black polka dot on one side that is a quilters cotton. The other side is a piece of white with black flowers for the bodice and a piece of white vinyl on the bottom that I snagged from Wal-Mart's remnant bin. It's washable, flows and hangs really nice, and is perfect for doing dishes and other messy tasks! You can find the pattern here http://www.sewliberated.com. Her patterns are well written and easy to make. I highly suggest them. I'm planning on making another apron soon, but modifying this pattern so that it has pockets, a top that doesn't have to tie, and maybe even not quite so wide in the bust. But that is for another day.
So when I finished that, I decided to get started on some spring surprises for the twins. I made them bunnies out of the most vile fabric in the world.... cuddle! But they are insanely cute and they went together really fast. Its just the clean up of the cuddle that will take forever. And the sneezing.....ugh!
Then yesterday, I got to stop at a new quilt store in our area. If you are in the Atlanta area, you should check it out. http://www.kiwiquilts.com They are super awesome. Tracy is wonderful and VERY helpful! And they have a lovely selection of the brightest and best fabrics out there. This is NOT the quilt store for the traditional quilter. This is definitely a place for the more open minded set! I'm planning on going to their piecing class this Saturday, if MetalMan will keep the twins!

White wednesday 2

1 comment:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Very cool apron. I quilt and sew too.

come visit
cindy@stitches

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails