Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thunder-bolts, and a notion or two

Apparently we are in the middle of a thunderstorm streak. Every day it seems my weather alarms start going off and the twins go nuts. The pressure change is no good for ANY of us. But today, I’m using it as motivation to CLEAN! Well, that, and the fact that I have a show in just over 2 weeks.

Honestly, I didn’t think I would actually make a dent in my pit of a workspace, so I didn’t bother to take before pictures. Now I wish I had. But here’s the after. Forgive the lighting, as the storms are making it IMPOSSIBLE to enjoy my windows for the purposes of lighting… though the lightning is pretty.

July 10, 2010 017

Notice all the labels? Now I know where everything is! If you are interested, the labels read

Short Left : Elastic & Velcro, Embroidery Stabilizer, Batting, Packaging Supplies

Short Right: Bags, Works in Progress 1, 2, & 3

Tall Left: Fabric Smaller than 6”x6” 1 & 2, Findings, Notions, Scrapbooking

Tall Right: Interfacing, Stabilizer Pieces, Embroidery Blanks, Thread, Felt & Fleece

Does anyone else save little bits of fabric and stabilizer? How do you deal with it? These wire drawers work really well, but I have put shelf liner in the drawers where things might fall through, like findings and small fabric. I’d love to hear what others do with these bits of fabric that really are too small to fold!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails