Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Having to get my sea legs

1 June 21, 2010 Download 002

 

It has already been a good week, so I want to start with that. That being both the statement of “It IS GOOD!” and the cutest tater ever. Yes, I made the hat…for his dad. And yes, it is a wool toboggan cap that he is CHOSING to wear in July. Who’s counting? But, in other news, I’m:

-Overwhelmed

          --I now have shows booked for three straight weekends

          --I’ve still got to order a tent and bags

-Frustrated

          --The state is giving me the run around, trying to say my business name and my legal name are not the same thing. The IRS says they are. But Georgia, in their infinite wisdom, has decided they are not. So they want another $157 so I can get a stamp on a piece of paper saying that they are. Fat chance of that. But without paying said “we’re stupid” tax, I can’t open accounts with the other institutions I would LIKE to. Instead, I have to do things the old fashioned way and just wait it out. GRRRRRRR.

-Confused

           --Math isn’t my thing, so Bookkeeping and Taxes really aren’t. But since they were due today, I dutifully sat down and blew my morning completing my state tax forms. Now I can sit and be totally confused by the “actual” and “projected” earnings statements and other documents I can’t even begin to describe filled with accountant jargon that I need to make sure stay correct between now and NEXT month. Jeeze, like I have NOTHING else to do.

-Excited

           --I’ve already done several sales this week (on Etsy, not in the state of Georgia, so NENNEER tax office!!!) and I’ve accomplished a lot towards this Susan G Koman Breast Cancer Foundation Fundraiser I’ve got coming up on the 31st. But there is still a lot to do.

So back at it. I’ll post you some pictures of what I have been up to later. Though I do have several more listings in my Etsy store if you want to zip over there and see what I’ve been up to! :)

----Laters… I gotsa Scatter ZOOOM!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails