Thursday, May 27, 2010

10 Things I need to share because

Look what I was awarded!!!!

Beautiful_Blogger_May

Janimal, over at Delilah's Momma, is the rockin' awesome! You’ve heard me rave about her before in my post on a fabric business card holder or even my map recover of a hanging file folder organizer. Yep, she rocks. Go visit her often. She’s a brit. I always try to imagine an strong English accent as I read her stuff! :) Everything is better with the right accent! :)

The rules appear to be that I have to tell you 10 random things about me.

1. I have a degree in Religious Studies. Not exactly common… and almost as useful as Underwater Basket Weaving degrees.

2. I got married at the courthouse in Dallas, Georgia. On April 1st. By a judge who looked like Johnny Cash (complete with black leather vest) named “Tex”. And it WASN’T a joke.

3. My husband and I were born 11 days apart.

4. I have a rubber tree carving in my bedroom of a foo dog. I wanted a dog, so my husband bought this one for me.

5. I collect temple rubbings.

6. I’m allergic to pork. My husband jokes that it is my “inner Jew”.

7. As a young girl, I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I grew up . Or a fighter pilot.

8. I love penguins. My master bathroom is even done in them. :) And my children love the Penguins of Madagascar, which I did NOT introduce them to!

9. I’d rather clean than sleep… (This is according to my husband. Okay, so I’m OCD.)

10. I named a dog after Freddie Mercury. Yep, I’m a Queen fan.

Passing this award on to some other lovely bloggers....

1. Remodelaholic, baby. Wow. I’m inspired by her stuff big time.

2. Happy Zombie also makes me happy. Her fabric is amazing! And she’s so darn friendly! :)

3. Knock Off Wood lives a life I can hardly imagine. Alaska. Hundreds of miles from what I have within five minutes. And still manages to produce amazing stuff. Wowzers, does she make me feel like I’m lazy!

4. Oh Fransson has the most amazing quilts. Her ideas are so different and challenging. I really love her work. I can’t wait to see how the subway inspired quilt will come out!

5. Sew a Straight Line challenges me to re-evaluate WHY and HOW I sew. Her process of working through a sewing manual is just wonderful. I’ve learned so much about accepting mistakes as learning opportunities and taking advantage of projects to learn more from her. You simply must check her out!

6. I just recently stumbled across Southern Matriarch, but I’ve known her all my life. Okay, not literally, but she is that southern woman I think of when I harken back to my summers with my grandmother who grew up in Charleston. I can just taste the sweet tea, feel the breeze, and enjoy the southern hospitality when I visit her blog!

7. The Cottage Home is another one of those blogs that you just KNOW. She’s that woman you see in the grocery who has everything where it should be and doesn’t look frazzled about it. She’s the only one not loosing it in line at the DMV. Why? Because she’s happy with who she is. Her writing just exudes self confidence, but not in that icky way that car salesmen do. :)

8. Pink Chalk Studio has amazing hair. Okay, I love her hair.  :) And she loves some color, which I LOVE! I know I can stop over and enjoy a relaxing opportunity to enjoy a fabulous piece of work done in a lush color palette. And her picture is just so darn happy. With the hair that I covet! :)

9. Between Naps on the Porch is another Atlanta native blogger, but WOW is her stuff beautiful! And she did an entire tablescape for Alice in Wonderland! I’m so in love. Her china collection must just be amazing. And her photography skills are just… wow. Check out her entry on the Blue Hour. It is not to be missed!

10. Last, but certainly not least, is EPBOT. From the creator of Cake Wrecks, which I think is one of the funniest pieces of internet real estate, comes her conversations with daily life. I just laugh my way through each and every entry from Jen. I can’t count how many times I’ve nearly coated my computer screen with beverages because she caught me mid-sip with one of her intelligent, hysterical lines. This is where to go when you need that laugh, for sure.

Thank you, one and all for sticking with me through my lists. Please be sure to check out some of these beautiful bloggers who make the internet just a little bit nicer for the rest of us. And while you are at it, make sure you become a follower of me and leave a comment. I really want to make something amazing for one of my readers! It could be YOU!

And be on the look out… my Cheshire Cat Tutorial is nearly complete. I’m putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow! :)

stresstheseamsfinallogowebc

5 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Congrats on your award! I had to laugh at some of your ten random things. I can so see the Judge in black leather in Dallas! LOL
I think we have a lot in common. I devoured Nancy Drew books and wanted to be like her, too. :-) And I took flying lessons in college...ok, not quite the same as a fighter pilot. :-)

Thanks for sharing the award with me...so nice! :-)

Remodelaholic said...

It is so fun to get an award! It makes my morning! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

(I love your marriage story, that will be great for the years to come!)

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

Thank you Dominique, you're too funny! I do love my color, we'd have a fun time sewing together :) xo Kathy

Ellie Inspired said...

I came to your blog after reading your post on Southern Matriarch. Thanks for sharing some great links with all of us. I'm going to enjoy reading your blog and checking out the sites you recommended.
Laura

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Thank you so much! I'm beyond flattered. My husband and I are also just a couple of weeks apart in age. I think it's fun to think about what we were both doing at certain times/dates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails