Monday, August 2, 2010

My Breast Cancer Awareness Line

It was time for me to do a bit of a benefit at my Etsy store StressTheSeams, so I’ve chosen the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-Day, as July was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This past weekend we set up at the Atlanta Christmas In July Benefit Art Show for Susan G. Komen and had a really great show. The venue was amazing, the other vendors were wonderful, and we made not only sales but also friends! Can’t beat that experience!

But, as my Grandmommy has recently made it through her last “clean bill” check up as a survivor, I’ve decided to add a Pink line to my shop, of which I will donate a portion to Breast Cancer Research. Because until there is a cure, we are all still at risk of loosing the most valuable commodity we have… the women who love and support us. So check out some of my new items that I will be listing in my Etsy store this week!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           Yep, it’s a Hot Pink Lace Hat, complete with feather trim and silk cord gimp hat band! Super cute and perfect to perch on that amazing coiffure!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           And here is my entirely vintage and upcycled materials (okay, except the thread) Quilted Pink Patchwork Embroidered Market Bag. Super cute and oh so cuddly soft!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Last but certainly not least is Tula Pink’s Plume fabric line for Moda. I turned it all into a patchwork Pink Plume Quilted Market Bag. Also, super gorgeous and incredibly useful, with a definite nod to both modern sensibility and traditional workmanship.

Both of the bags are entirely lined and quilted, so they are really well made and can hold up to regular use while still looking amazing. And I had SO MUCH FUN while I made them. I played with all kinds of block designs, incorporated all kinds of crazy pink fabrics in the vintage/upcycled one, and got to really check out the spectrum of Tula Pink’s Plume line. For someone who isn’t exactly a girly pink kind of girl, I really enjoyed these three projects! And there are more pink items to come. Working with a color palette I usually avoid has been tons of fun and has really caused me to stretch my creative muscles.

Okay… so now I’m off to finish the last bits of hand-quilting so I can get machine quilting today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your stuff is so cool! Congratulations to Grandmommy on her clean shot! I know too many who have had breast cancer.

glen: quilts and dogs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails